The 1.2-liter turbo engine Renault H5Ft or 1.2 TCe was assembled by the concern from 2012 to 2019 and installed on such well-known models of the company as Clio, Megane, Scenic, Kadjar, Kangoo. This power unit on Nissan vehicles is known as HRA2DDT or HR12DDT.
The TCe line includes engines: H4Bt, H4Dt, H5Dt, D4Ft, H5Ft, H5Ht, H4Jt, M5Mt, M5Pt, F4Rt.
In 2012, a new 1.2 tce turbo unit debuted on Megane and Scenic of the third generation. This is a 4-cylinder all-aluminum engine with a 16-valve cylinder head without hydraulic lifters, a direct fuel injection system, a timing chain drive, phase shifters on both shafts, a fast-acting turbine with an intercooler and a variable displacement oil pump. To reduce friction, an anti-friction coating was applied to all internal surfaces.
There are three different engine modifications on Renault cars: TCe 115, TCe 120, TCe 130.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||114 – 132|
|Torque output, Nm||190 – 205|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||72.2|
|Piston stroke, mm||73.1|
|Compression ratio||9.25 – 10|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30, 5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Renault Clio 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Renault Captur 1 (J87) in 2013 – 2018;
- Renault Clio 4 (X98) in 2013 – 2018;
- Renault Kadjar 1 (HA) in 2015 – 2018;
- Renault Kangoo 2 (KW) in 2013 – 2018;
- Renault Megane 3 (X95) in 2012 – 2016; Megane 4 (XFB) in 2016 – 2018;
- Renault Scenic 3 (J95) in 2012 – 2016; Scenic 4 (JFA) in 2016 – 2017;
- Dacia Duster 1 (HS) in 2013 – 2018; Duster 2 (HM) in 2018 – 2019;
- Dacia Dokker 1 (K67) in 2013 – 2019;
- Dacia Lodgy 1 (J92) in 2012 – 2018.
Disadvantages of the Renault H5Ft engine
- The first year of production there were many complaints about floating engine speeds, poor starting in cold weather, sudden shutdown of the turbine when slowly climbing uphill and other engine glitches. The manufacturer released the firmware one by one, until finally everything returned to normal.
- The second most popular complaint of Renault owners with such an engine is lubricant consumption, which often appears from the first kilometers and sometimes reaches 1 liter per 1000 km. The reason for this is an unsuccessful piston group with defective oil scraper rings.
- Not the biggest resource in the motor is the timing chain and the phase control system. With frequent engine operation at high rpm, the chain stretches already to 100,000 km. At the same mileage, phase regulators may crackle, and their replacement will be expensive.
- In many units with direct fuel injection, the intake valves are overgrown with soot, but here it is especially pronounced: the engine starts to blunt, and sometimes just stalls.
- Often, lubrication leaks occur in the motor and most often the crankshaft oil seals sin. Also, the sealing ring of the crankcase ventilation pipe often bursts here.