The 1.4-liter Renault H4Jt or TCe 130 engine was produced from 2009 to 2016 in Spain and was installed only on the third generation Megane, as well as the Scenic compact MPV, created on its basis. This power unit in the range of Nissan engines had its own index HR14DET.
|Power output, hp||130|
|Torque output, Nm||190|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||78|
|Piston stroke, mm||73.1|
|Phase regulator||at the intake|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Renault Megane 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Renault Megane 3 (X95) in 2009 – 2013;
- Renault Scenic 3 (J95) in 2009 – 2016.
Disadvantages of the Renault H4Jt engine
- The main disadvantage of this engine is the constantly progressing oil burner;
- The timing chain is rather weak and often stretches to 100 thousand kilometers;
- The aluminum block is afraid of overheating, mating surfaces quickly bend;
- Of the minor engine problems, owners most often complain about the failure of the boost sensor;
- In addition, this unit was not very economical and was quickly abandoned.