2.0 liter Ford AOWA engine or 2.0 Duratec HE 145 hp was produced from 2006 to 2015 and was installed on the second generation of the popular Galaxy minivan and the similar S-MAX. This power unit essentially did not differ from the well-known Mazda LF-DE engine.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Galaxy Mk2 in 2006 – 2015;
- Ford S-MAX Mk1 in 2006 – 2015.
|Power output, hp||145|
|Torque output, Nm||185|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.1|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Galaxy 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~360 000|
Disadvantages of the AOWA engine
- A well-known problem of the engine is the oil burner due to the occurrence of oil scraper rings;
- Also, the dampers for changing the geometry of the intake manifold regularly jam here;
- Due to low-quality fuel, the fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator often fails;
- On a run of 200 thousand km, the timing chain and phase regulator may already require replacement;
- Also, the crankshaft rear oil seal often flows here and the pipes of the crankcase ventilation system burst.