The 2.0-liter Ford AODA or 2.0 Duratec HE gasoline engine was assembled from 2003 to 2011 and installed on the second generation of the well-known Focus model and the similar C-MAX compact MPV. There was a modification of such a power unit with the AODB index for other environmental standards.
DURATEC HE family:
1.8 L – CFBA, CHBA, QQDB;
2.0 L – AODA, AOWA, CJBA, XQDA;
2.3 L – SEWA, SEBA;
2.5 L – YTMA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford C-Max Mk1 in 2003 – 2010;
- Ford Focus Mk2 in 2004 – 2011.
|Power output, hp||145|
|Torque output, Nm||185|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.1|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~340 000|
Disadvantages of the AODA engine
- Often on engines of this line there is oil consumption due to the occurrence of rings;
- In second place is the wedge of the geometry change flaps in the intake manifold;
- Also, the fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator in it regularly fail;
- After 200 – 250 thousand km, the timing chain and phase regulator may already require replacement;
- The rear crankshaft oil seal often leaks and the pipes of the crankcase ventilation system crack.