The 2.5-liter Ford LCBD engine or 2.5 Duratec V6 was produced in the USA from 2000 to 2007 and was installed only on the maximum configuration of the third generation of the popular Mondeo model. Structurally, this unit has a lot in common with the Mazda GY-DE or Jaguar AJ25 engine.
The Duratec V6 line also includes internal combustion engines: SEA, SGA, REBA and MEBA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk3 in 2000 – 2007.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||170|
|Torque output, Nm||220|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||79.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 2002)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
Disadvantages of the LCBD engine
- A proprietary engine problem is a jammed damper in the intake manifold;
- Keep the radiators clean and the condition of the pump otherwise overheating cannot be avoided;
- From bad fuel, the filter in the tank is clogged, and then the fuel pump fails;
- Often the power unit sweats with oil, all due to contamination of the crankcase ventilation;
- Poor lubrication reduces the life of hydraulic chain tensioners and hydraulic compensators.