The 3.0-liter Ford MEBA or 3.0 Duratec V6 ST engine was produced from 2002 to 2007 and was installed only on the most charged modification of the Mondeo model with the ST220 index. Due to the significant circulation of the machine, this power unit is quite common.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo ST220 Mk3 in 2002 – 2007.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||226|
|Torque output, Nm||280|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||89|
|Piston stroke, mm||79.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo ST220 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~330 000|
Disadvantages of the MEBA engine
- This motor does not like bad fuel, candles and their coils quickly deteriorate from it;
- After that, the fuel filter is usually clogged and the fuel pump fails;
- The main cause of engine overheating is most often an unreliable pump;
- Due to contamination of the crankcase ventilation, grease begins to ooze from all the seals;
- Low-quality oil significantly reduces the life of hydraulic tensioners and hydraulic compensators.