The 1.6-liter Ford FYDA, FYDB, FYDC or 1.6 Zetec SE engine was produced from 1998 to 2004 and was installed on the European versions of the first Focus in all its numerous bodies. This power unit is found on the Fiesta model, but under its FYJA and FYJB indices.
The Zetec SE line also includes internal combustion engines: FUJA, FXJA and MHA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus Mk1 in 1998 – 2004.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||100|
|Torque output, Nm||145|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2001)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the FYDA/FYDB/FYDC engine
- The power unit is quite demanding on fuel quality;
- Due to poor fuel, spark plugs and individual ignition coils quickly fail here;
- The cause of periodic traction failures is most often in the fuel pump or its filters;
- The timing belt resource is usually less than 100,000 km, and when it breaks, the valve bends;
- There are no hydraulic lifters here, so you need to adjust the valves every 90,000 km.