The 1.25-liter Ford FUJA / FUJB or 1.25 Zetec SE engine was produced from 2001 to 2011 and was installed on the fifth generation of the Fiesta hatchback and the Fusion compact van, created on its basis. After the transition to EURO 4 in 2004, such gasoline units became known as Duratec.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Fusion Mk1 in 2002 – 2011;
- Ford Fiesta Mk5 in 2001 – 2008.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||70 – 75|
|Torque output, Nm||110|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||71.9|
|Piston stroke, mm||76.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Fiesta 2002)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
Disadvantages of the FUJA/FUJB engine
- The engine does not tolerate bad fuel, candles and their coils quickly break here;
- From low-quality gasoline, the fuel pump filter becomes clogged and it fails;
- According to the regulations, the timing belt serves 120,000 km, but often it gives up much faster;
- Also, the thermostat and pillows of the power unit have a limited resource here;
- Every 100,000 km, valve adjustment is required, since there are no hydraulic lifters.