The 1.8-liter Ford RKB or 1.8 Zetec 16v engine was produced by the company from 1994 to 1998 and was installed on the first and second generations of the popular Mondeo model in all its bodies. A similar power unit was installed on the Escort, but only under its own RKC index.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk1 in 1994 – 1996;
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 in 1996 – 1998.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||112|
|Torque output, Nm||158|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||80.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.25|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 1995)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Ford RKB engine
- The culprit of periodic traction failures is a clogged filter in the fuel tank;
- If you do not pay attention to this for a long time, then you can get to replace the fuel pump;
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, it often gives up the previously declared 120,000 km;
- The source of grease leakage is usually the front or rear crankshaft oil seal;
- The motor requires high-quality oil or hydraulic lifters will quickly fail.