The 1.8-liter Ford EYDC or 1.8 Zetec E engine was produced by the company from 1998 to 2004 and was installed on the first generation of the popular Focus model in all its different bodies. A similar power unit was installed on the Mondeo, but under different indices, such as RKF and RKH.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus Mk1 in 1998 – 2004.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||160|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||80.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the EYDC engine
- On the old firmware, the motor power drops sharply when the air conditioner is turned on;
- The timing belt and its bypass roller have a low resource, and when the valve breaks, it bends;
- In case of traction failures, it is worth starting the search for causes with a gasoline pump and its two filters;
- Take care of the aluminum engine pan, it hangs low and does not hold a blow at all;
- There are no hydraulic compensators, you will have to adjust the thermal clearances of the valves yourself.