The 1.8-liter Ford EYDB engine or Focus 1 1.8 Zetec was produced from 1998 to 2004 and was installed only on the first generation of the very popular Focus model in all its bodies. The same power unit on the Mondeo was known under a slightly different RKF or RKH index.
The Zetec family also includes engines: L1E, L1N, EYDC, RKB, NGA, EYDB, EDDB and EDDC.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus Mk1 in 1998 – 2004.
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||160|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||80.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2002)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
Disadvantages of the EYDB engine
- Motors of the Zetec series are very reliable, but do not like low-quality gasoline;
- Quite often here you have to change the spark plugs, sometimes every 10,000 km;
- From low-quality fuel, an expensive gasoline pump regularly fails;
- In the European version of Zetec engines, when the timing belt breaks, the valve always bends;
- On the first firmware of the motor, power dropped sharply with the inclusion of air conditioning.