The 2.5-liter Ford HYDB or Duratec ST 2.5t 20v engine was produced from 2008 to 2013 and was installed only on the first generation of the popular Kuga crossover. This unit was a slightly modified version of the Volvo Modular engine series.
DURATEC ST/RS family:
2.0 L – ALDA, HMDA;
2.5 L – HUBA, HYDA, HYDB, HUWA, JZDA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Kuga Mk1 in 2008 – 2013.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||200|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||93.2|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Kuga 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~450 000|
Disadvantages of the HYDB engine
- The main problems due to contamination of the PCV valve of the crankcase ventilation system;
- From the howl of the motor and leaks from the camshaft seals, replacing its membrane helps;
- If you pull with a replacement, the oil will ooze onto the timing belt, reducing its life;
- Due to low-quality fuel, spark plugs, coils and a gasoline pump quickly fail;
- Some owners had to change the turbine at a run of about 100,000 km.