The 2.5-liter Ford HYDA or 2.5 Duratec ST225 engine was produced from 2005 to 2010 and was installed on a sports modification of the second generation of the Focus model with the ST index. This unit, in fact, was just a clone of the engine of the Volvo Modular engine family.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus ST Mk2 in 2005 – 2010.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||225|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||93.2|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2 ST 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the HYDA engine
- The most common concern here is the crankcase ventilation system, or rather the PCV valve;
- When the valve is dirty, the engine howls and oil presses through the camshaft seals;
- If grease regularly gets on the belt, its resource drops to 60 – 80 thousand km;
- Bad fuel quickly affects the condition of the candles, coils and fuel pump;
- The turbine runs differently for everyone, many change it on a run of 100 – 150 thousand km.