The 2.5-liter turbo Volvo B5254T3 engine was assembled at the Sjovde plant from 2004 to 2008 and installed in the most compact models of the Swedish company, such as the C30, S40 or V50. On Ford cars, such a power unit was known under the indices HUBA, HUWA and HYDA.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo C30 I (533) in 2006 – 2008;
- Volvo C70 II (542) in 2005 – 2007;
- Volvo S40 II (544) in 2004 – 2007;
- Volvo V50 I (545) in 2004 – 2007.
|Power output, hp||220|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||93.2|
|Phase regulator||Dual CVVT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo S40 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~280 000|
Disadvantages of the B5254T3 engine
- Most often, owners on specialized forums complain about failures in the phase control system;
- Also in these engines there is oil consumption due to clogged crankcase ventilation;
- Another common engine problem is leaking front camshaft oil seals;
- The timing belt may not pass the prescribed 120,000 km, and when it breaks, the valves bend;
- After 100,000 km of run, the pump, fuel pump and engine support often require replacement.