The D11C330 engine is a 6-cylinder in-line engine with a displacement of 10.8 liters and an output of 330 hp with overhead camshaft, 4 valves per cylinder and unit injectors. The engine complies with the EU emission requirements of the Euro 4 standard.
D11C is an economical light engine with high power and low weight. Therefore, it is suitable for the transportation of liquid, bulk cargo, regional long-distance transportation and for the transportation of light construction materials, that is, in cases where both performance and low fuel consumption play an important role.
|Power output, kW at rpm||243 at 1600|
|Power output, hp at rpm||330 at 1600|
|Number of cylinders||6|
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||950 at 1400|
|Compression ratio (compression)||17.3:1|
|Cylinder bore, mm||123|
|Piston stroke, mm||152|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Turbine||turbo / charge air cooler|
|Euro standards||Euro 5|
|Timing mechanism||spur gear|
The engine has the same basic design as the larger Volvo engines. This rugged and reliable engine uses an overhead camshaft, 4 valves per cylinder and a precision electronically controlled injection system.
Excellent driving characteristics are provided by a wide torque range. The timing mechanism is located at the rear of the engine, which reduces vibration and allows a power take-off to be mounted on the rear of the engine.
- maximum torque over a wide rpm range for excellent driving performance;
- complies with Euro 4 standard;
- oil change every 100,000 km or once a year when using VDS4 oil;
- high engine braking power with Volvo engine brake (VEB) (optional);
- a rear-mounted power take-off with high power output (optional);
- closed crankcase ventilation (optional).