The 2.0-liter 10-valve Volvo B5202S engine was assembled by the company from 1995 to 2000 and was installed on the basic modifications of such mid-size models as 850, S70, V70. The version of this motor equipped with a catalyst had its own index B5202FS.
The 2.0-liter Modular engine family includes: B4204S, B4204T, B5202S, B5204T, B5204T8.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo 850 in 1995 – 1996;
- Volvo S70 I (874) in 1996 – 2000;
- Volvo V70 I (875) in 1996 – 2000.
|Power output, hp||126|
|Torque output, Nm||170|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 10v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||77|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo V70 1998)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the B5202S engine
- This version of the motor is very reliable, there is no electronic choke and phase control;
- The most famous problem is the oil burner due to clogged crankcase ventilation;
- The timing belt may not pass the scheduled 120,000 km, and when it breaks, the valves bend;
- Ignition system components and fuel injectors often require attention here;
- The weak points of the engine also include: the upper support, thermostat, pump and fuel pump.