The Saab B308i 3.0-liter V6 petrol engine was produced in England from 1994 to 1997 and was installed on the 9000 model and only in combination with an automatic transmission. This motor, in fact, was one of the varieties of the famous Opel X30XE power unit.
V6 GM-engine: B258i, B284L, B308E, B308i.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||211|
|Torque output, Nm||270|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||85|
|Features||Bosch Motronic 2.8.1|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Saab 9000 1995)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Saab 9000 I in 1994 – 1997.
Disadvantages of the Saab B308i engine
- Most of all, this motor is worried about oil leaks, especially from under the valve covers.
- The main culprits for poor starting are grease-filled candle wells.
- Also, oil is often mixed with coolant through a heat exchanger.
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, it runs a little, and if it breaks, the valves bend here.
- Any jam in the engine sump will usually block the low-hanging oil pan.