The 3.0-liter Audi CCWA 3.0 TDI engine was assembled by the German concern from 2007 to 2012 and installed on such well-known company models as the A4, A5 and the Q5 crossover in the back of 8R. This diesel engine belongs to the updated EA896 series, it is also called EVO or G2.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||240|
|Torque output, Nm||500|
|Cylinder block||cast iron V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||91.4|
|Features||2 x DOHC|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi Q5 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi A4 B8 (8K) in 2007 – 2011;
- Audi A5 1 (8T) in 2007 – 2011;
- Audi Q5 1 (8R) in 2008 – 2012.
Disadvantages of the Audi CCWA engine
- Most motor problems are due to the vagaries of the CR system with piezo injectors;
- The recall campaign for the free replacement of defective high-pressure fuel pumps concerned these diesel engines;
- Even at low runs, swirl flaps in the intake manifold often wedge;
- Timing chains often stretch to 300,000 km, replacing them will be expensive;
- A lot of trouble can deliver a particulate filter and EGR, many simply remove them.