The 2.0-liter Volvo B5204T turbo engine was assembled at the company’s plant from 1993 to 1996 and was installed only on the model under the 850 index and only in the markets of Italy, Iceland and Taiwan. A version of this engine equipped with a catalytic converter was offered as the B5204FT.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo 850 in 1993 – 1996.
|Power output, hp||211|
|Torque output, Nm||300|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||77|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo 850 1995)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the B5204T engine
- Despite the high forcing, this motor is very reliable and with a good resource.
- Most of all, on specialized forums, they complain about the oil burner due to clogged crankcase ventilation.
- After 200,000 km, the main cause of oil consumption is turbine shaft wear.
- The timing belt does not always serve the prescribed 120,000 km, and when it breaks, the valves bend.
- The weak points of the engine also include the upper support, pump and fuel pump.