The 2.0-liter Volvo B5204T8 turbo engine was produced by the company from 2012 to 2015 and was installed on such popular concern models as the V40, S60 or V60 in the T4 modification. There was a slightly more powerful version of this power unit with its index B5204T9.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo S60 II (134) in 2012 – 2015;
- Volvo V40 II (525) in 2013 – 2015;
- Volvo V60 I (155) in 2012 – 2015.
|Power output, hp||180|
|Torque output, Nm||300|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||77|
|Phase regulator||at intake and exhaust|
|Turbocharging||Borg Warner K03|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo S60 T4 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~270 000|
Disadvantages of the B5204T8 engine
- This unit often overheats due to contamination of the dense package of its radiators;
- The second most common failure is the failure of the oil catcher membrane;
- The timing belt here does not always go the prescribed 120,000 km, and when it breaks, the valves bend;
- Often there is an oil burner due to stuck rings or clogged crankcase ventilation;
- Weaknesses also include camshaft seals and phase regulator couplings.