The 2.0-liter Volvo D4204T14 diesel engine has been assembled by the Swedish company since 2014 and put on many modern models, such as S60, S90, V40, V60, V90, XC60, XC90. Such a diesel engine is equipped with two turbines at once and is installed on cars with the D4 index.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo S60 II (134) in 2016 – 2018;
- Volvo S90 II (234) since 2016;
- Volvo V40 II (525) in 2015 – 2019;
- Volvo V60 I (155) in 2016 – 2018; V60 II (225) since 2018;
- Volvo V90 2 since 2016; V90 CC I (236) since 2016;
- Volvo XC60 I (156) in 2014 – 2017; XC60 II (246) since 2017;
- Volvo XC90 II (256) since 2015.
|Production years||since 2014|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||190|
|Torque output, Nm||400|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82|
|Piston stroke, mm||93.2|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo XC60 2018)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
Disadvantages of the D4204T14 engine
- The most common problem is bursting rubber pipes.
- This is especially true for those tubes that go to the turbine and intercooler.
- Also, oil seals regularly flow here and oil oozes from under the valve cover.
- The timing belt runs about 120 thousand km, and when it breaks, the valves always bend.
- Recall campaigns were carried out to replace the particulate filter, intake manifold and EGR.