The company produced the 2.0-liter Volvo D4204T8 diesel engine from 2015 to 2019 and installed it on mid-size models such as the S60, V60 or V40, including the Cross Country version. This diesel engine was equipped with only one turbine and was installed on cars with the D2 index.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo S60 II (134) in 2015 – 2018;
- Volvo V40 II (525) in 2015 – 2019; V40 CC II (526) in 2015 – 2019;
- Volvo V60 I (155) in 2016 – 2018.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||120|
|Torque output, Nm||280|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82|
|Piston stroke, mm||93.2|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo V40 Cross Country 2018)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the D4204T8 engine
- The biggest problem is constantly bursting rubber pipes;
- Most often this concerns one tube that goes to the turbocharger;
- Next in terms of mass are oil leaks from oil seals or from under the valve cover;
- The timing belt is designed for a run of 120 thousand km, and when it breaks, the valves bend;
- Recall campaigns were carried out for the diesel particulate filter and intake manifold.