The 1.8-liter Volvo B4184S11 gasoline engine was produced by the company from 2004 to 2009 and was installed on the concern’s models created on the Focus 2 platform, that is, it is C30, S40 or V50. Such a motor and its FlexiFuel version B4184S8 are essentially clones of the QQDB power unit.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo C30 I (533) in 2006 – 2009;
- Volvo S40 II (544) in 2004 – 2009;
- Volvo V50 I (545) in 2004 – 2009.
|Power output, hp||125|
|Torque output, Nm||165|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.1|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo V50 2006)
|Engine lifespan, km||~330 000|
Disadvantages of the B4184S11 engine
- The main problems are floating revolutions, which are difficult to get rid of.
- The culprits are usually the electronic throttle or intake swirl flaps.
- Also, lubricant consumption is often found here due to the occurrence of oil scraper rings.
- From low-quality gasoline, the fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator often fails.
- Closer to 200,000 km, the timing chain and phase shifter may already require replacement.