The Volvo D4204T11 2.0-liter diesel engine was produced by the concern from 2015 to 2018 and was installed on the second generation of the S60 sedan, the similar V60 station wagon and the XC90 crossover. This power unit was distinguished by the presence of a BorgWarner R2S twin turbocharging system.
|Production years||2015 – 2018|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||225|
|Torque output, Nm||470|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82|
|Piston stroke, mm||93.2|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo XC90 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo S60 II (134) in 2015 – 2018;
- Volvo V60 I (155) in 2015 – 2018;
- Volvo XC90 II (256) in 2015 – 2016.
Disadvantages of the D4204T11 engine
- This is a completely reliable and resourceful diesel engine, but it likes to bother you with little things.
- Very often, owners on specialized forums complain about burst rubber pipes.
- Grease leaks from the oil seals and from under the valve cover also occur regularly.
- It is recommended to change the timing belt before the regulations; if it breaks, the valves bend.
- Weak points here also include the EGR pipe and the crankshaft damper pulley.