The 2.4-liter turbo engine Volvo B5244T3 was produced at the company’s plant from 2000 to 2003 and installed on a number of concern models, such as the S60, S80, V70 and its off-road version of the XC70. Such a unit was equipped with a phase regulator only at the exhaust and gave way to the B5244T4 motor.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo S60 I (384) in 2000 – 2003;
- Volvo S80 I (184) in 2000 – 2003;
- Volvo V70 II (285) in 2000 – 2003;
- Volvo XC70 II (295) in 2000 – 2003.
|Power output, hp||200|
|Torque output, Nm||285|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||90|
|Phase regulator||at the exhaust|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo XC70 2001)
|Engine lifespan, km||~260 000|
Disadvantages of the B5244T3 engine
- A lot of complaints on the specialized forums are related to the glitches of the electric throttle from Magneti Marelli;
- In second place in popularity are oil leaks due to clogged crankcase ventilation;
- If oil presses through the camshaft seals, then it will corrode the timing belt;
- A broken ribbed belt can also get into the timing, which is fatal for the motor;
- The engine mounts, the fuel pump and the phase regulator clutch are distinguished by a low resource.