The Volvo B5244T 2.4-liter turbo engine was produced at the concern’s plant from 1999 to 2002 and was installed on popular models such as the C70, S70 and V70, including its off-road version of the XC70. Other versions of this motor had the indices B5244T2, B5244T3, B5244T4, B5244T5 and B5244T7.
The 5-cylinder 2.3-2.4-liter Modular engine family includes: B5234T, B5244S, B5244S2, B5244S4, B5244T, B5244T3.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo C70 I (872) in 1999 – 2002;
- Volvo S70 I (874) in 1999 – 2000;
- Volvo V70 I (875) in 1999 – 2000;
- Volvo XC70 I (876) in 1999 – 2000.
|Power output, hp||193|
|Torque output, Nm||270|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||90|
|Phase regulator||at the exhaust|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo C70 2001)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
Disadvantages of the B5244T engine
- Most of all, on specialized forums, they complain about a buggy electric choke from Magneti Marelli;
- In second place in popularity here are oil leaks from the phase control system;
- According to the regulations, the belt serves 120,000 km, but if it bursts earlier, the valves will bend;
- Often owners are faced with oil consumption due to clogged crankcase ventilation;
- The engine mounts, water pump, fuel pump are also distinguished by a modest resource.