The Volvo D5204T 2.0-liter R5 diesel engine was produced by the company from 2009 to 2013 and installed on its compact models such as the C30, C70, S40 and V50 in D4 modifications. There were similar, but less powerful versions of this diesel with indexes T2, T3, T5 and T7.
The engine was installed on:
- Volvo C30 I (533) in 2010 – 2013;
- Volvo C70 I (872) in 2009 – 2013;
- Volvo S40 II (544) in 2010 – 2012;
- Volvo V50 I (545) in 2010 – 2012.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||177|
|Torque output, Nm||400|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||77|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volvo S40 2011)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the D5204T engine
- This is a modern CR diesel with 1800 bar piezo injectors and a diesel particulate filter;
- The most common problem is the rapid contamination of the throttle or EGR valve;
- From low-quality oils, hydraulic lifters can knock to 100,000 km of run;
- In the fuel system, injectors and a regulator valve in the rail are most often worried;
- Change the ribbed belt in time or if it breaks, it will be pulled under the timing belt.