The 2.0-liter Ford HMDA or 2.0 Duratec RS engine was produced only from 2002 to 2003 and was installed only on the most charged modification of the Focus model under the RS index. This turbocharged power unit was produced in a limited edition: 4501 copies.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus RS Mk1 in 2002 – 2003.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||215|
|Torque output, Nm||310|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84.8|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Phase regulator||VCT, intake|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus RS 2003)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the HMDA engine
- Most engine problems are somehow related to low-quality gasoline;
- Bad fuel quickly disables spark plugs, ignition coils and fuel pump;
- Without special oil, the engine turbine and the phase regulator will not last long;
- The aluminum pan of the engine not only hangs low, but also absolutely does not hold a blow;
- Since hydraulic lifters are not provided here, the valves will have to be adjusted.