The 2.5-liter Ford JZDA or 2.5 Duratec RS and RS500 engine was produced from 2009 to 2010 and was installed on charged modifications of the second generation Focus under the RS and RS500 indices. This unit is a seriously upgraded version of the Volvo b5254t3 engine.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus RS Mk2 in 2009 – 2010;
- Ford Focus RS500 Mk2 in 2010.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||305 – 350|
|Torque output, Nm||440 – 460|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||93.2|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.9|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2 RS 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the JZDA engine
- There is not much information on the malfunctions of these rare motors on the Internet;
- Most often, engines of this series suffer from contamination of the crankcase ventilation;
- If the PCV valve diaphragm is not replaced in time, oil will pour onto the belt;
- They do not like these units and bad fuel, candles and coils wear out quickly;
- A number of owners complain that they changed the turbine twice in 100,000 km.