The 2.0-liter Ford ALDA or 2.0 Duratec ST170 engine was produced from 2002 to 2004 and was installed only on a charged version of the popular Focus model under the ST170 index. This power unit was essentially an upgraded version of the Zetec-E motor.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus ST Mk1 in 2002 – 2004.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||173|
|Torque output, Nm||196|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84.8|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Phase regulator||VCT, intake|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.35|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus ST170 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
Disadvantages of the ALDA engine
- The main problems of the engine are associated with the use of low-quality gasoline;
- From bad fuel, candles, their coils and a gasoline pump quickly fail here;
- The timing belt is designed for 120,000 km, but sometimes it wears out twice as fast;
- Low-hanging aluminum pallet easily deforms against any obstacle;
- The lack of hydraulic lifters forces you to periodically adjust the valves.