The 1.8-liter Ford BHDA, BHDB or 1.8 Endura-DI engine was produced from 1999 to 2004 and was installed on the first generation of the popular Focus model in all its many bodies. This power unit is not so common, unlike its 90-horsepower modification.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus Mk1 in 1999 – 2004.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||75|
|Torque output, Nm||175|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||cast iron 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Timing drive||chain and belt|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.65|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2002)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
Disadvantages of the BHDA/BHDB engine
- This diesel engine is demanding on fuel, but with good quality it runs without problems;
- Poor-quality diesel fuel quickly affects the condition of the nozzles, as well as the high-pressure fuel pump;
- A dirty fuel filter can cause sudden power failures;
- The junction of the upper and lower parts of the cylinder block is often a source of leaks;
- After a run of 150 – 200 thousand km, an expensive turbine is at risk.