The 1.8-liter Ford KKDA, KKDB or 1.8 Duratorq DLD-418 engine was assembled from 2004 to 2011 and installed on the second generation of the Focus model and the C-Max compact MPV. This engine is an old Endura diesel with a Common Rail Delphi system.
1.4 TDCi – F6JA;
1.5 TDCi – UGJC;
1.6 TDCi – GPDA, G8DA;
1.8 TDCi – HCPA, FFDA, KKDA, QYWA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford C-Max Mk1 in 2005 – 2008;
- Ford Focus Mk2 in 2005 – 2011.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||280|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||cast iron 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Timing drive||belt and chain|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2006)
|Engine lifespan, km||~260 000|
Disadvantages of the KKDA/KKDB engine
- Delphi’s fuel-hungry Common Rail system will give you the most trouble;
- Violation of the filter replacement interval turns into a costly repair;
- Repair of fuel equipment is associated with the dismantling of the high pressure fuel pump, injectors and even the tank;
- After 100 thousand km, nozzles often begin to pour, which leads to burnout of the pistons;
- Often the crankshaft pulley damper and camshaft position sensor are changed here.