The 1.8-liter Ford HCPA engine or 1.8 Duratorq DLD-418 was produced from 2002 to 2013 and was installed both on the C-Max compact van and on many commercial models of the Connect series. This engine is essentially an Endura diesel engine equipped with a Common Rail system.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford C-Max Mk1 in 2003 – 2008;
- Ford Connect Mk1 in 2002 – 2013.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||90|
|Torque output, Nm||227|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||cast iron 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Timing drive||belt and chain|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford C-MAX 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the HCPA engine
- The Delphi Common Rail fuel system is very demanding on the quality of diesel fuel;
- It is necessary to strictly observe the interval for replacing filters and use only original;
- Otherwise, the engine is waiting for an expensive overhaul with the removal of the high pressure fuel pump, injectors and even the tank;
- A modest resource has a crankshaft pulley damper and a camshaft position sensor;
- On large shoots, nozzles often begin to pour, which leads to burnout of the pistons.