The 1.8-liter Ford FFDA engine or 1.8 Duratorq DLD-418 was produced from 2002 to 2004 and was installed only on the very first generation of the Focus model in the restyled version. This unit is essentially an old Endura diesel that is equipped with a Common Rail system.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus Mk1 in 2002 – 2004.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||100|
|Torque output, Nm||240|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||cast iron 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Timing drive||belt and chain|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.65|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2003)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
Disadvantages of the FFDA engine
- The Common Rail Delphi system does not like low-quality diesel fuel and you will have the main problems with it;
- The filter replacement interval must be strictly observed or it will not last long;
- Repair of the fuel system usually involves the dismantling of the high pressure fuel pump, injectors and tank;
- A modest resource has a camshaft position sensor and a crankshaft pulley damper;
- On shoots over 100,000 km, nozzles are often already poured, which is fraught with burnout of the pistons.