The 1.8-liter Ford QYWA or 1.8 Duratorq DLD-418 engine was produced from 2006 to 2012 and was installed on the popular Galaxy and S-Max minivans. This engine is an Endura diesel engine equipped with a Common Rail system.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Galaxy Mk2 in 2006 – 2012;
- Ford S-MAX Mk1 in 2006 – 2012.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||125|
|Torque output, Nm||320|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||cast iron 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Timing drive||belt and chain|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford S-MAX 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the QYWA engine
- The main problems for the owners are delivered by the capricious Common Rail Delphi system;
- Poor-quality diesel fuel or simple airing quickly disables it;
- Overhaul of fuel equipment is associated with the removal of the high pressure fuel pump, injectors and even the tank;
- Difficulty starting the engine with a blow indicates the destruction of the damper of the crankshaft pulley;
- Often, the camshaft position sensor is buggy and the adaptation of the injectors is lost.