The 1.0-liter Ford M1DA engine or 1.0 EcoBoost 125 has been produced by the concern since 2012 and is used only on the third generation of the very popular Focus model in all its bodies. A similar power unit is put on the Fiesta under its own index M1JE or M1JH.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford C-Max Mk2 in 2012 – 2019;
- Ford Focus Mk3 in 2012 – 2018.
|Production years||since 2012|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||125|
|Torque output, Nm||170|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||71.9|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.9|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
Disadvantages of the M1DA engine
- The structurally complex motor is very demanding on the quality of the oil used;
- The main problem is overheating due to a ruptured coolant hose;
- In second place in popularity are frequent fogging around the valve cover;
- In the first years of production, the water pump seal quickly gave up and leaked;
- Valve clearances are regulated by the selection of glasses, since there are no hydraulic compensators.