The 1.0-liter Ford M1JE engine or Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost was produced from 2012 to 2017 and installed on the sixth generation of the popular Fiesta model and the compact MPV based on its B-MAX. A similar power unit was found on the Ecosport crossover, but under a different M1JC index.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford B-Max Mk1 in 2013 – 2017;
- Ford Fiesta Mk6 in 2012 – 2017.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||125|
|Torque output, Nm||170|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||71.9|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.9|
|Phase regulator||on two shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Fiesta 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~230 000|
Disadvantages of the M1JE engine
- The most widespread failure is cracked pipes of the cooling system;
- There is also very often oil fogging around the valve cover;
- Injectors become dirty from bad fuel and intake valves coke;
- After 100 thousand km, the hole under the shaft of the turbine bypass valve breaks;
- There are no hydraulic lifters here and valve clearances are regulated by the selection of pushers.