The 1.5-liter Ford M8DA engine or Focus 3 1.5 EcoBoost was produced from 2014 to 2019 as a replacement for the previous 1.6-liter engine under the hood of models such as the Focus and C-MAX. A similar power unit under the hood of the Ford Mondeo carries its own UNCA index.
The 1.5 EcoBoost line also includes internal combustion engines: M8MA, M9DA and M9MA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford C-Max Mk2 in 2015 – 2019;
- Ford Focus Mk3 in 2014 – 2019.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||240|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||76.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2016)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
Disadvantages of the M8DA engine
- The power units of this series are afraid of overheating, keep the radiators clean;
- Due to the failure of the electric clutch of the cooling system, it breaks the gasket, leads to the cylinder head;
- The engine did not bypass the problem with the destruction of the piston due to detonation;
- Inlet valves quickly overgrow with soot, and oil leaks often occur;
- Every 100 thousand km here it is necessary to adjust the thermal clearances of the valves.