The 1.5-liter Ford M9DA engine or Focus 3 1.5 EcoBoost was produced from 2014 to 2018 and was installed on the third generation of the popular Focus model and C-Max compact MPV. A similar motor is found on the Fusion model for the US market, but under its own index.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford C-Max Mk2 in 2015 – 2018;
- Ford Focus Mk3 in 2014 – 2018.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||182|
|Torque output, Nm||240|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||76.4|
|Phase regulator||on both shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
Disadvantages of the M9DA engine
- The most famous engine problem is the destruction of the piston of the second cylinder;
- In second place is overheating due to a breakdown of the electromechanical clutch in the pump;
- Pretty quickly, nozzles become clogged here and intake valves coke;
- The turbine of this engine is quite reliable, but its nozzles are often changed under warranty;
- There are no hydraulic lifters, do not forget to periodically adjust the valve clearances.