The 1.0-liter Ford M2DA engine or Focus 1.0 EcoBoost has been assembled by the company since 2012 and is installed on the third generation of the Focus model in all its many bodies. A similar motor for the Fiesta is placed under other indices, such as SFJA, SFJB, SFJC or SFJD.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford C-Max Mk2 in 2012 – 2019;
- Ford Focus Mk3 in 2012 – 2018.
|Production years||since 2012|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||100|
|Torque output, Nm||170|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||71.9|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.9|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the M2DA engine
- This engine is extremely demanding on the quality of the oil, use only the original;
- The main problem is the rupture of the cooling system hoses and engine overheating;
- Many lead the valve cover and there is fogging around its gasket;
- Owners of engines of the first years of production often encountered a water pump leak;
- There are no hydraulic compensators, valve clearances are regulated by replacing the pusher cups.