The 1.4-liter Ford F6JA, F6JB or 1.4 Duratorq DLD-414 engine was assembled from 2002 to 2008 and was installed only on the fifth generation of the Fiesta model or the Fusion compact van based on it. This power unit is essentially a modification of the Peugeot-Citroen DV4TD diesel engine.
1.4 TDCi – F6JA;
1.5 TDCi – UGJC;
1.6 TDCi – GPDA, G8DA;
1.8 TDCi – HCPA, FFDA, KKDA, QYWA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Fiesta Mk5 in 2002 – 2008;
- Ford Fusion Mk1 in 2002 – 2008.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||68|
|Torque output, Nm||160|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||73.7|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Fusion 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~280 000|
Disadvantages of the F6JA/F6JB engine
- The engine is quite demanding on the quality of diesel fuel;
- If you regularly change the fuel filter, then problems will begin after 100 thousand km;
- Injectors usually break first, then other Common Rail components;
- At high mileage, oil burn often begins due to wear of the piston group;
- The turbine has a low resource here, as well as the front support of the power unit.