The 1.4-liter Ford ASDA or Focus 2 1.4 Duratec engine was produced from 2004 to 2010 and was installed only on the base modifications of the second generation of the popular Focus model. A simplified version of this motor was offered for Euro 3 environmental standards with its own ASDB index.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus Mk2 in 2004 – 2010.
|Power output, hp||80|
|Torque output, Nm||124|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||76|
|Piston stroke, mm||76.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2009)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the ASDA engine
- Due to the low power, this motor is twisted to high revs, which affects the resource;
- From low-quality gasoline, candles quickly fail here, followed by coils;
- The fuel pump also does not like bad fuel;
- Versions of the Duratec engine for the European market with a broken timing belt bend the valve;
- Since there are no hydraulic lifters, valve clearances need to be adjusted periodically.