The 2.5-liter Ford SEA or 2.5 Duratec V6 engine was produced from 1994 to 1999 in the USA and was installed only on the first two generations of the Mondeo model in its top modifications. To fit into the tax in 1999, the unit replaced the SEB engine with a volume of just under 2.5 liters.
The Duratec V6 line also includes internal combustion engines: SGA, LCBD, REBA and MEBA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk1 in 1994 – 1996;
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 in 1996 – 1999.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||170|
|Torque output, Nm||220|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||82.4|
|Piston stroke, mm||79.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.6|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 1998)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Ford SEA engine
- The units of this series are very reliable, but too voracious for such power;
- The main motor problems are related to overheating, usually due to a pump failure;
- The second most common here is the failure of the fuel pump;
- You need to clean the crankcase ventilation regularly or the engine will sweat oil;
- Timing chain tensioners and hydraulic lifters are afraid of poor-quality lubrication.