The 1.6-liter Ford XTDA or 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT 85 hp engine was assembled from 2010 to 2018 and was installed on the basic versions of the third generation Focus and the C-Max compact van. Such a unit is widely distributed on European models. Important advantages of XTDA include low weight, robust design due to durable, high-quality materials, small dimensions and SIM 29 control system.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford C-Max Mk2 in 2010 – 2018;
- Ford Focus Mk3 in 2011 – 2018.
|Power output, hp||85|
|Torque output, Nm||141|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.4|
|Phase regulator||on two shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the XTDA engine
- The first years of production often encountered leaks from the valves of the phase control system;
- Also, this engine does not tolerate bad fuel, because of it, candles and coils quickly become unusable;
- Not the highest resource here is distinguished by attachments and a catalyst;
- Motors of the Duratec Sigma series in the European version bend the valve when the belt breaks;
- There are no hydraulic lifters here, so be sure to adjust the valve clearances.