The 1.6-liter Ford IQDB or 1.6 Duratec Ti VCT 105ps engine was assembled from 2010 to 2019 and installed on the third generation of the Focus model and the C-Max compact van based on it. This power unit essentially differs from its 125-horsepower counterpart only in firmware.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford C-Max Mk2 in 2010 – 2014;
- Ford Focus Mk3 in 2010 – 2019.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||105|
|Torque output, Nm||150|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.05|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2016)
|Engine lifespan, km||~330 000|
Disadvantages of the IQDB engine
- The main problem of the engine is dragging catalyst crumbs into the combustion chamber;
- Next come the failures of the components of the ignition system, they do not like bad fuel;
- On specialized forums, they complain about leaks from under the valve cover or the rear crankshaft oil seal;
- Every 100 thousand km you need to adjust the valves, there are no hydraulic lifters here;
- A small resource here also has a gasoline pump and a belt of mounted units.