The 1.6-liter Ford JTBA / JTBB or 1.6 EcoBoost 160 engine was produced from 2010 to 2014 and was installed on a restyled version of the fourth generation of the famous Mondeo model. A similar power unit with the JTWA index and the JTWB index was installed on the S-Max and Galaxy minivans.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk4 in 2010 – 2014.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||160|
|Torque output, Nm||240|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~240 000|
Disadvantages of the JTBA/JTBB engine
- Cars with such an engine fell into the recall campaign twice due to the risk of fires;
- Sophisticated cooling system with an electromagnetic clutch provoked a fire;
- Even from a slight overheating, it breaks through the cylinder head gasket, and then leads the block;
- Many owners have experienced oil leaks from under the valve cover;
- Knocks under the hood hint at the need to adjust the valve clearances.