The 1.6-liter turbo engine Ford JQDA or 1.6 EcoBoost 150 SCTI was introduced in 2009 and a year later it was under the hood of the third generation of the Focus model and the C-MAX compact van. There are other modifications of this power unit with other JQDB and YUDA indexes.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford C-Max Mk2 in 2010 – 2015;
- Ford Focus Mk3 in 2010 – 2014.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||240|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford C-Max 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the JQDA engine
- A recall campaign was announced for this motor due to the risk of fire;
- The electromechanical clutch in the coolant pump can cause a fire;
- The engine is very afraid of overheating, immediately breaks through the gasket, then leads the block;
- For the same reason, the valve cover is bent and starts to sweat with oil;
- When knocking occurs, it is necessary to adjust the thermal clearances of the valves.