The 1.6-liter Ford PNBA or Mondeo 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT engine was assembled from 2007 to 2010 and was installed only on the basic modifications of the second generation of the Mondeo model before restyling. After the 2010 update, this power unit was replaced by its Euro 5 version with the KGBA index.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk4 in 2007 – 2010.
|Power output, hp||125|
|Torque output, Nm||160|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.4|
|Phase regulator||at inlet and outlet|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the PNBA engine
- This is a very weak motor for the Mondeo and it is often heavily loaded, which affects the resource;
- From bad fuel, components of the ignition system quickly fail here;
- Check the condition of the timing belt more often or if it breaks in the engine, the valves will bend;
- The sources of lubricant leakage here are the valve cover and the rear crankshaft oil seal;
- Weaknesses also include: phase regulators, a gasoline pump and almost all attachments.