The 2.0-liter Ford D5BA or 2.0 TDDi Duratorq DI engine was produced from 2000 to 2005 and was installed only on the third generation of the very popular Mondeo model. This diesel modification was mainly intended for corporate fleets or taxis.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk3 in 2000 – 2005.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||90|
|Torque output, Nm||245|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Timing drive||double row chain|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the D5BA engine
- These engines are considered problematic and were soon replaced by French diesels;
- A massive two-row timing chain can stretch after 100 – 150 thousand km;
- Camshaft beds are also subject to very rapid wear here;
- From impurities in the fuel, destruction begins inside the high pressure fuel pump and the nozzles become clogged;
- On long runs in the connecting rod, the head under the piston pin bushing breaks.