The 2.4-liter Ford FXFA or 2.4 TDDi Duratorq DI engine was produced from 2000 to 2006 and was installed on the fourth generation of the popular Transit minibus. Despite the impressive design, this diesel engine was not very reliable.
The Duratorq-DI line also includes internal combustion engines: D3FA, D5BA and D6BA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Transit Mk6 in 2000 – 2006.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||185|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||89.9|
|Piston stroke, mm||94.6|
|Timing drive||double row chain|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Transit 2003)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the FXFA engine
- Even from a small amount of impurities in the fuel, the VP44 high pressure fuel pump drives chips;
- Dirt from the pump scatters throughout the system and, first of all, clogs all nozzles;
- The camshaft beds are also subject to fairly rapid wear;
- The two-row chain only looks massive, but in fact it stretches to 150,000 km;
- The weak point of the cylinder-piston group of the engine is the upper connecting rod bushing.